You can't mess up creating a Buddha Bowl. Any part can be swapped out for basically any ingredient. You can use whatever you have, including any leftovers you’re trying to use up.
- spinach, kale, romaine, arugula, collards – anything
- rice, quinoa, amaranth, wild rice – anything
here’s where it gets interesting…
- black beans, chickpeas, lentils, tuna/salmon, small portion of meat, hard boiled or fried egg – again anything!!
- Roast Veg - sweet potato, butternut squash, broccoli, brussel sprouts.
- Fresh Veg - tomatoes, cucumber, shredded carrots, sprouts, bell pepper, etc
- avocado, Olive oil made into a dressing, shredded cheese, greek yogurt
- Hummus, chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
You really can’t go wrong! This is a GREAT option for reducing meat throughout the week (use lentils or beans instead of meat). A great place to start meal prepping - preparing some stuff ahead of time becomes easier with practice and you’ll have something clean and nourishing to grab and go!
Let me know what you think - if you've tried to make one before? What were your favourite pieces to add? Or will you be trying this out in the near future? Love to hear your thoughts!
All the best,